This year, for the first time, the festival was accompanied by a Competition of Art on Billboards, the main idea of which was to encourage young artists to create art engaged in the present reality. The competition is addressed to young, talented artists and art students. This year, participants were invited to create work of art in response to the competition theme “Is Everything Interlinked?” Altogether, 306 entries were submitted by 178 artists from 33 countries of the world.
- The jury composed of artists and art curators, recognized authorities in the area of public art, including:
- Paweł Jarodzki (artist, Professor of the Wrocław University of Fine Arts),
- Paul Antick (artist, photographer and Senior Lecturer at Roehampton University, London),
- Maria Filippow (Visionary Images, Melbourne),
- Rafał Góralski (Galeria Rusz artist, Art Moves Festival Director)
selected ten best works which were exhibited in the competition component of the Festival.
- Barbora Novotna / Slovakia
- Paul Nolan / Australia
- Yuen Nam Choi / China
- Raed Skaik / United Arab Emirates
- Agnieszka Popek-Banach / Poland
- Ferenc K1SS / Hungary
- Ahmetshina Yana / Russia
- Magdalena Pagińska / Poland
- Kamil Banach / Poland
- Aleksander Bąk / Poland
The author of the most interesting work – Barbora Novotna received an award of PLN 7,000 ( about € 1600 ) funded by the Governor of Kujawsko- Pomorskie region.